KETO GARLIC PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
yield: 6 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 40 MINUTES
Delicious sautéed brussels sprouts with a cheesy creamy garlic sauce and crispy bacon. This recipe will be your new favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts.
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes until crispy. Drain, chop and set aside.
- To the same pan, in about 2 tbsp of reserved bacon fat, saute brussels sprouts for about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute more until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, and simmer for 4-6 minutes (You may need to cover the pan with a lid to keep the cream from reducing too much.)
- Add the cheeses and stir to melt. And salt and pepper to taste. Add back the bacon, and serve.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 273 TOTAL FAT: 22g SATURATED FAT: 12g TRANS FAT: 1g UNSATURATED FAT: 8g CHOLESTEROL: 64mg SODIUM: 549mg CARBOHYDRATES: 11g FIBER: 3g SUGAR: 3g PROTEIN: 11g