Keto Meatballs alla Parmigiana
A keto friendly meatballs alla Parmigiana recipe that the entire family will love! Low carb, Atkins, gluten free and kid friendly!
- For the meatballs
- 1.5lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup warm water
- For the Parmigiana
- 1 cup easy keto marinara sauce (or any sugar free store bought marinara)
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into fifteen 2″ meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes OR fry in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Pro-tip – try frying in bacon grease if you have any – it adds another level of flavor. Frying produces the golden brown color shown in the photos above.
For the Parmigiana:
- Place the cooked meatballs in an oven safe dish.
- Spoon approximately 1 Tbl sauce over each meatball.
- Cover with approximately 1/4 oz of mozzarella cheese each.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes (40 minutes if meatballs are frozen) or until heated through and the cheese is golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Approx nutrition info per “naked” meatball: 121 cals, 8g fat, .7g net carbs, 11g protein
Approx nutrition info per meatball parmigiana: 151 cals, 9g fat, 1.7g net carbs, 12g protein
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs with sauce and cheese
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Protein: 36g