Keto Microwave Mug Cheesecake
A crustless keto mug cheesecake that ticks all the boxes! It cooks in less than 90 seconds and requires only 5 minutes prep. The perfect sugar free dessert if you crave cheesecake but don’t want to make a large cake.
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 3 mins Total Time 8 mins
Course Dessert Cuisine British Servings 2 Calories 213 kcal
- 2 x 6 ounce ramekins
- 5 oz / 142g cream cheese
- ▢1 egg, large
- ▢2 tbsp powdered sweetener (So Nourished)
- ▢1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ▢1/2 tsp lemon juice
- ▢1 tsp lemon zest
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients with a fork or a balloon whisk. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Lightly grease 2 ramekins with oil or melted butter (I used light olive oil, but coconut oil also works).
- Divide the batter between the ramekins. Microwave one ramekin at a time for 1 minute each on high. The tops should be glossy and the centre still jiggly. Then microwave each ramekin for a further 20 seconds.
- Cool on the counter for 10 minutes, then cool in the fridge for circa 1 hour or until cool.
- Eat straight from the ramekin or invert onto a plate and decorate with berries / whipped cream / a quick berry coulis.
Net carbs: 2.6g per portion.My microwave is 900 W. Adjust the cooking time according to the power of your microwave. My ramekins had a capacity of 6 ounces and had a diameter of 7 cm at the bottom and 9 cm at the top. This is a gently sweet dessert. Add an additional tbsp of erythritol or a few drops of vanilla or lemon stevia if you prefer a sweeter cheesecake.To add a cheesecake crust, mix 5-6 tbsp almond flour, 1 tsp sweetener and 1 tsp melted butter until you have a crumbly mix. Press into the bottom of the greased ramekins and proceed as per recipe. This increases the net carbs to 3.9g / 318 calories per serving.To make these cheesecakes in the oven, try 160 C / 325F for 10-12 minutes.
Calories: 213 kcal Total Carbohydrates: 2.8g Protein: 8.1g Fat: 22.2g Saturated Fat: 13.5g Fiber: 0.3g Sugar: 2.4g