Easy Keto Cannoli
- Cucina Pro Pizzelle maker
Keto Cannoli ingredients:
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs monkfruit confectioners
Keto Cannoli Filling ingredients
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup monkfruit confectioners blend
- Fruit such as blueberries strawberries, or raspberries.
- Sugar free mini chocolate chips.
- Or you can melt the sugar free chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cannolis also.
- Preheat the pizzelle maker first by plugging it in. No need to spray it with a non-stick cooking spray if your maker is already non-stick.
- In a microwave-safe coffee mug, melt the butter for about 20 seconds or until fully melted.
- Combine the remaining keto cannoli ingredients and mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and place it in the center of each pizzelle design. The cookie scoop measures about 2 tablespoons of batter which is perfect for each cannoli.
- Press the lid down and lock it. Cook it for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until the cookie is slightly golden brown.
- Use a knife to lift the hot cannoli cookie off of the press and quickly shape it in the cannoli shape by rolling it up. Hold it for a few seconds to allow it to harden and stay that shape while it cools. You can place the hot cannoli between two glass cups to hold the shape while you grab the other cannoli off the maker. Do the same and shape the second cannoli.
- This recipe makes 4 cannolis so repeat the steps above to create the next two cannolis.
- While the cannolis are cooling down. Start making the cannoli filling.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine all the cannoli filling ingredients.
- Use an electric hand mixer on high speed to mix the ingredients until it’s creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Fill each cannoli with the filling and set it on a tray to serve.
makes 4 cannolis
Easy Keto Cannoli Nutrition Label Facts